Since 1st April 2013 the Horndean Surgery has been regulated by the Care Quality Commission and must meet the requirements for the regulated activities undertaken at the Practice.
The main aim of the Care Quality Commission is to ensure that patients medical records are well maintained and up to date and that patients are treated safely and effectively, with respect and dignity, in a suitable environment which is clean and fit for purpose.
Safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults is of particular concern.
The Practice will receive regular inspections and findings will be published on the Care Quality Commission website.
CQC overall rating
Under the Health and Social Care Act 2008 every registered provider must have a Statement of Purpose.
A Statement of Purpose is a document which includes a standard required set of information about a service. The Statement describes:
- The Provider's aims and objectives in providing the service
- The kinds of service provided
- The health or care needs the service sets out to meet
- The locations where the services are actually provided or provided from
- Details from the provider including their legal status, and any manager, including the 'address for service' for all registered persons.
Our Statement of Purpose can be found in the document HERE.